Workplace GPS works with group life/disability carriers and third party administrators to enhance services and programs and develop products related to workplace productivity, absence disability and leave management.
Food for thought:
- Absence & disability costs employers 8.7% of payroll 1
- Health related lost productivity (absence & presenteeism) costs employers 16%-22% of payroll
- Health care costs employers approximately 12.5% of payroll 2
1 Kronos/Mercer Survey Report on the Total Financial Impact of Employee Absences, 2010
2 Mercer Survey on Employer Sponsored Health Plans, 2015
Product development for leave, absence, ADA and disability management programs is becoming of increasing importance now that early RTW is seen as a gold standard and the number and types of leave laws are increasing. Product development includes products related to:
Carrier sales force training programs increase capabilities in the consultative selling of absence/disability products and in integrating them with productivity and health. Training can focus on:
- Use of metrics
- Workplace productivity
Broker training programs enable you to help brokers upgrade their own skills with your staff in the roles of "experts". This training provides excellent exposure to your company as you help your brokers upgrade their skills.
- Leaves of absence, FMLA, ADA/ADAAA
- Health related lost productivity
- Non-insured absence & disability programs training
- STD, the window of opportunity
Service quality evaluations (audits) confidentially evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the programs and services associated with your absence/disability management products. Areas of evaluation may include:
- FMLA/ADA training provides brokers with the basics of these acts and can be developed as continuing education courses to ensure interest.
- FMLA/STD metrics & consulting training teaches brokers how to use FMLA/STD metrics and benchmarking to begin consulting to, and attracting clients.
- Non-insured absence & disability programs training helps you train your brokers in how to help clients and prospects evaluate programs such as sick leave, salary continuation, PTO banks, etc.
- Health related lost productivity training teaches brokers how to consult to clients and prospects on how your absence/disability products improve client productivity including how to reduce presenteeism.
Marketing strategy evaluation assesses the effectiveness of messaging in emerging areas such as Absence Management, productivity and the integration of health with absence and disability. It also evaluates how the organization reaches out to brokerages and consulting firms.
- Return to work
- Change of definition
- Permanent disability
- Disability management programs
- FMLA and other leave of absence processes
- Integration with health benefits
- On-site services
- Subcontractor effectiveness
Marketing strategy support provides assistance in the development of:
Appeal reviews provide an objective third party opinion, or a review of your own appeal decisions for quality and consistency.
- Producer presentations
- White papers
- Trade journal articles
- Conference presentations
- Media interactions
NAVIGATING TO ...
Consulting Solutions for:
Brokerages and Consulting Firms
Carriers/Third Party Administrators
About Workplace GPS
Principal, Workplace GPS