- A multi-state manufacturer requested a Benchmarking Analysis of FMLA and STD incidence and usage. A group of facilities were found to have extremely high incidence and duration of FMLA, especially intermittent leave. A class of employees were found to have very high durations of STD. These costly absence situations resulted in the company replacing the FMLA/STD administrator.
- A 6,000 life multi-state manufacturer requested a Benchmarking Analysis of its internally managed FMLA program. This study revealed that FMLA incidence was 91% higher than similar employers and that intermittent leave incidence was 105% higher. This resulted in their decision to outsource FMLA administration
- A 5,000 life university had a very costly self-insured disability plan. An Employer Program Analysis followed by a Strategic Absence/Disability Program Design resulted in a 32% savings in disability claim costs in the first year.
- A 7,000 life public school district saved $3,800,000 in LTD premium and $250,000 in workers compensation claim costs in the first 5 years after an Employer Program Analysis helped create a new absence/disability management program.
- A workers' compensation carrier saved several millions in claim costs after 2 years of Service Quality Evaluations on individual disability files.
- A 6,000 life hospital reduced the usage of incidental absence by 4,440 hours in the first year after an Employer Program Analysis.
- A 30,000 life government organization with a self-insured disability plan conducted a Strategic Absence/Disability Program Design. They achieved a target of having 63% of its program claimants return to work earlier than non-program claimants with similar conditions.
- A 17,000 life hospital system conducted an Employer Program Analysis followed by a Strategic Absence/Disability Program Design. Incidental absence immediately dropped by 20% in food services and there was a 24% savings in claim costs in its self-insured disability plan concurrent with a 30% reduction in STD durations.
- A 10,000 life school district achieved a $1,700,000 savings in substitute teacher costs after a Strategic Absence/Disability Program Design created a RTW/work accommodation program.
- A large multi-state manufacturer requested a Benchmarking Analysis of its internally managed FMLA program. Duration of continuous FMLA was 72% above similar employers and that 93% of plants were above the benchmark for continuous FMLA duration.
NAVIGATING TO ...
Consulting Solutions for:
Brokerages and Consulting Firms
Carriers/Third Party Administrators
About Workplace GPS